Bonding and Grounding Parameters

Questions about using and the information behind / in any of the reports and schedules generated by DraftLogic Electrical.

Bonding and Grounding Parameters

Postby DeanUser » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey, support person! I see four parameters on the 'Motors & Distribution' parameter category relating to bonding/grounding/in-slab conduit. What can these parameters do for me & how do I take advantage of them?
DeanUser

Re: Bonding and Grounding Parameters

Postby forumadmin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

We can't seem to slide anything past you, Dean, you are obviously the sharpest crayon in your box!

The September 2010 release of DraftLogic Electrical includes three new bonding related parameters to complement and interact with the existing 'In-slab Conduit Type' parameter.

Bonding Conductor Always Copper? (Specify Yes or No by checking for Yes or unchecking for No.) Tells the DraftLogic Electrical Load Calculator whether all bonding and grounding conductors should be copper ('Yes' selected) or whether they should match the material of the conductors they are traveling with ('No' selected). For NEC, this affects all bonding and grounding. For CEC, this affects all bonding but does not affect transformer and MDP grounding, both of which are always copper regardless of this parameter setting.

In-slab Conduit Type (Select from PVC, EMT, and RMC). Tells DraftLogic Electrical what material the in-slab or underground conduit is made of. Nonmetallic conduit materials for in-slab use (i.e. PVC) are assigned a bonding conductor by the Load Calculator regardless of what the other bonding-related parameters are set to. Metallic conduit materials for in-slab use (i.e. EMT and RMC) are assigned a bonding conductor by the Load Calculator only if either of the following bonding-related parameters are set to 'Yes'.

Use Bonding Conductor in All In-Slab Conduit? (Specify Yes or No by checking for Yes or unchecking for No.) Tells the DraftLogic Electrical Load Calculator whether or not all in-slab/underground conduit should have a bonding conductor assigned ('Yes') or not ('No'). If 'Yes' is selected, all in-slab conduit is assigned a suitable bonding conductor regardless of the conductor material specified above. If 'No' is selected, only nonmetallic conduit used in-slab (i.e. PVC) will be assigned a bonding conductor by the Load Calculator.

Use Bonding Conductor in All Conduit? (Specify Yes or No by checking for Yes or unchecking for No.) Tells the DraftLogic Electrical Load Calculator whether or not all in-slab/underground/overhead conduit should have a bonding conductor assigned ('Yes') or not ('No'). If 'Yes' is selected, all conduit regardless of installation location and regardless of material is assigned a suitable bonding conductor. In this case, the other bonding related parameter values do not matter. If 'No' is selected, the other parameters above control bonding conductor assignment.

Enjoy!
forumadmin
Site Admin

Return to Reports and Schedules