Rotate an Attribute to Something I Choose?

Questions about using and the information behind / in any of the reports and schedules generated by DraftLogic Electrical.

Rotate an Attribute to Something I Choose?

Postby DeanUser » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Although I have been using the Annotation Organizer for every job and really enjoying not having to performs hundreds of clicks to clean up annotation collisions with other things they are going to plot with, I still from time to time need to manually change the rotation of an attribute. I used to use EATTEDIT to do this, but that has been redirected to the DraftLogic Electrical Attribute Editor. Can you let me know how to manually rotate visible attributes of blocks to a specific value of my choosing?
DeanUser

Re: Rotate an Attribute to Something I Choose?

Postby forumadmin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Howdy Dean!

Always the perfectionist, eh?

Well, you are correct that many methods of getting at AutoCAD attribute editors have been redirected to the DraftLogic Electrical Attribute Editor in order to take advantage of its enhanced lists and data validation features.

You can still use the DDEDIT command at the command line to get at the regular AutoCAD Enhanced Attribute Editor, which as the ability to specify a rotation angle for any particular attribute of the block you select.

Please remember to use the DraftLogic Electrical Attribute Editor for any attribute value changes, though! Data that is in an unexpected format or is of an invalid value can cause confusion and problems with things like automated protection and conductor calculations.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Re: Rotate an Attribute to Something I Choose?

Postby forumadmin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:45 pm

A user also suggested using the AutoCAD BURST command. What it does is separate the attribute values out to text while retaining their attribute value (unlike EXPLODE). So you can BURST a block and then all the attributes are just separate text entities to do with as you please.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Return to Reports and Schedules