Motor Names on Panel Schedule

Questions about using and the information behind / in any of the reports and schedules generated by DraftLogic Electrical.

Motor Names on Panel Schedule

Postby DeanUser » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:02 pm

I see that circuits on the panel schedule have a description area that includes a single character to tell the circuit type and then usually have the location information. I'd like for my motors to say their name instead of the location. Is that possible?
DeanUser

Re: Motor Names on Panel Schedule

Postby forumadmin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 pm

The ability to have a motor name rather than location is already built into DraftLogic Electrical. What happens with the 'Service Description' column on the panel schedule is, as you stated, first a one character circuit type description is shown (M=motor, P=power tree device, R=receptacle, H=heater, L=luminaire, O or Z=mixed/other). After the type, you will see different things:
A. If the circuit is completely within one room you will seem room description lines 1&2 from that room and no more.
B. If the circuit is in more than one room you will seem room description lines 1&2 from the first room and part of room description lines 1&2. If room description lines 1&2 from the second room could not completely fit OR the circuit travels more than two rooms, there will be a '+' at the end of the description to let you know that all the room description lines 1&2 from all the rooms the circuit is in could not fit in the allotted space.
C. If the circuit has a single power tree device as its child, the Unique Name of that power tree device will show instead of a location
D. If the circuit has a single motor child AND there is a value in the Equipment Tag attribute of that motor, the Equipment Tag value will show instead of the motor's location.
E. If the circuit has a single motor child AND the Equipment Tag attribute of that motor is empty, the motor's location will show.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Return to Reports and Schedules